Thursday, January 3, 2008

Personal Trainer

So for Christmas this year my brothers and I decided to rebel against the practice of gift giving by drawing names... we all end up with $50 gift cards to stores or restaurants where don't typically shop or eat. Last year I received a gift card for Victoria's Secret... WTF? I have never bought anything, not even perfume from VS! I know the thought was there that I could use the card after I have surgery, but for now the card along with others are taking up residence in my wallet. Thank goodness Calif has a law against gift card penalties!

So as I was saying, we decided, much to my mother's disliking, that instead of drawing names, each person would spend $50 on themselves and then at Christmas dinner tell everyone what we bought and why.

Right after we announced our decision (Thanksgiving), I received and email from my gym offering a PT special - 5 sessions for $49.99! A sign! Perfect!

Well, session 1 was entirely paperwork... measurement, weight, body-fat %, etc. Session 2 was upper body... easy. Session 3 kicked my ass.... squats & lunges! I knew he would throw those moves into the mix! I couldn't move for 3 days! I had my 4th session last night. Upper body again, but different moves. Sore today, but not bad. Had a great cardio workout as well.

What's bad is that I feel like I'm coming down with a cold today! Why does this happen everytime I start back at the gym??? I'm resting tonite... drinking hot tea and sipping broth. My food intake has been within limits (1200 calories). I even lost a 1/2 lb from yesterday. I have posted my weight, etc. yet... I'll get the data from my trainer and I'll post current measurements and weight each Saturday. I'm trying hard to stay off of the scale in between.

Session 5 is scheduled for a week from Saturday. This will be the last session (not spending $1500 for an additional 20 sessions.... are they on glue?) Besides, I know what to do. I worked out extensively for 2 years - 6-7 days a week. I got the PT just to get me back in on a regular basis. I love working out.... just need to make it a priority in my schedule... but not let it become such a priority that my eating disorder kicks in and I get back into calorie defict issues. More on that later............... Going to crawl back under my new, hand-made blanket I received for Christmas from my bff. Have a great evening.... tomorrow is FRIDAY!!

No comments: