Monday, January 7, 2008

The Holidays.... now the never ending Birthday!

Gaaaaaaah! So the last few days have been a diet disaster! I know for the past 12 yrs that trying to stay on a diet resoloution the first week or two of the year is extremely difficult because of my daughter's birthday. It's celebrated several times over... with family, with me, at school, and then the birthday party usually follows a week or two after that. This year I thought ahead of time and had her send out invitations before Christmas break, that way the party could be celebrated the first weekend after her birthday/return back from vacation. Poor kid... sucks to have a birthday right after the holidays! All of these celebrations makes for a dieting nightmare for me!

Friday was a nightmare starting with getting freaking PO'd waiting 3 hours at the hospital for my daughter to see the Opthmalogist! So by lunch we were famished, cranky, and meeting family... not a great combination! I ordered blackened Mahi Mahi tacos... but chose the hushpuppies instead of the steamed veggies... WHY???

Saturday started out well... went to the gym and had a great workout, but then got stir crazy because of the rain. Went to the mall with friends... had a salad.... dressing on the side, diet coke and fried zuchinni... ahhhhh... Then went back to her house, more friends joined.... ate 3 slices of pizza and 5 oatmeal raisin cookies.

Sunday.... 2 pancakes with low cal syrup.... Subway sandwhich for dinner... then the big binge.... baked 48 cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting for my daughter's class. Cake batter and buttercream frosting.... geezus, what was I doing???? I know I can't resist cake batter and frosting!

So it shouldn't be such a shock to anyone that the scale was up 3 lbs this morning! I initially tried to do the whole justification thought process... hmmmm... well haven't had a BM in several days.... periods due soon. Then I stopped myself and said "no... it's because I binged and this is the consequence.... deal with it." So today was fine.... but had ice cream tonite with my daughter for her birthday. Small serving with chocolate sauce.... caught myself rummaging through the cupboard for more chocolate.... so here I am... keeping my fingers busy. Well at least one good thing about eating ice cream... it got me going again (a slight lactose intolerant!) lol Feeling a little less puffy!

Sooooo.... I will go to the gym tomorrow night and plan now for food alternatives for the b-day party this weekend.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl!

No comments: