Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cliche

So it's 2011... 1/2/11 to be exact. I'd thought it would be too cliche to start writing again yesterday. Actually, I was just too tired. Seems to be my MO lately. I'm in a rut....bored with my life and tired of making excuses for it.

I had an opportunity to go on a road trip for New Year's Eve...spontaneous is not me lately. So I made the excuse that I was not feeling well...which I wasn't, but not bad enough to stay in bed. So what did I do... sat on the couch watch, Back to the Future and BTTF2, had a drink, smoked several cigarettes, watched the ball drop at midnight, a promptly went to bed.... alone.

I'm not exactly alone... I have a daughter who'll turn 15 Friday, and two cats, a several awesome friends. Still, I don't have a man...not that I want one right now... but I don't even feel the "hope" of having a man.

It's the typical reason most women feel the way I do... I got fat... again. I have no clothes cute enough for travel...let alone a date. I feel and look like crap. So as I typically do this time of year, I resolve to get my shit together and get my life back.

I bought Kettleworx yesterday, and today, my daughter and I popped in the first dvd. It kicked our butts. My legs feel like jello. I kept my eating in check except for the mixed nuts which I must get rid because I can't stop a just a serving. I hope I can get out of bed in the morning! But I vow to do it again tomorrow and walk on my treadmill.

So here I am... again. No more excuses. It's a new year and it's time to get Back to the Future!

Cheers!

No comments: